TheBecks

TheBecks

First Drop of Crimson - Jeaniene Frost 3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed the Night Huntress series, mainly because Bones is so effing smokin' hot. I liked the pacing and Bones and the story and Bones and the readability and also Bones.

*fans self*

Bones did make an appearance in this book, but in an older-brotherly way, which was a little bleh to me. I don't like Spade the same way as I like Bones, and definitely don't like Denise as much as I like Cat, but it was still a fun, fast-paced book. Though, the whole OMG-YOUR-BLOOD-IS-DELICIOUSLY-INTOXICATING thing was a leeeeetle too Series-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and there were some eye-rolly moments of cheesiness. The sex, while not as smokin' hot as with Cat and Bones, was very OH MY, and definitely had me turning the pages.

I will say that since I had read all 6 books of the NH series, I had an idea of what this book was about (it occurs between books 4 & 5 in the NH series, and is hinted at) - but still was quite interested to see exactly what happened. And, you know, despite this being a more romance oriented book -- Night Huntress seemed more UF to me, but with added yummies, this just seemed romance-y from the start -- overall, I really enjoyed this book.