TheBecks

TheBecks

Joyland - Stephen King If you know me then you know that I am NOT a carnival or fair or festival fan. In fact I pretty much hate them. But there's something about Stephen King that will make me pick up anything he writes, whether it's a book about an amusement park or his grocery list.

I loved this book. Sure it seems like a simplistic plot line, and in a way it is, but this is Stephen King and he can write characters that I care about, even when those characters are horrible, depraved people.

Oddly enough I actually enjoyed Stephen King's depiction of the amusement park and all of the people in it. Seeing how the place is run, and knowing the craziness that goes into making it such a fun adventure for the 'rubes'was really interesting.

I thought I had the whodunnit figured out,but I was wrong. It was interesting to learn who really did it, but for me this was more of a character-driven story than a mystery driven one. I liked all of the characters in the book, and I was interested to know where they would go in their lives.

Anyway overall I really enjoyed this book, and I would absolutely recommend it to any King fan.