TheBecks

TheBecks

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost Another great installment in this series. And actually, I think that this book would be a rather decent ending to the whole thing as well... if I didn't know that there was a 6th book coming out later this year. Having watched Charlaine Harris's Sookie series plummet off a cliff in terms of enjoyment for me, I worry that series with no definite ending might run on too long and suffer for it. I love Cat, and yummy Bones (nom nom nom) but I'm afraid that I might start getting annoyed if the series runs on too long, even as addicted as I am at the moment. And I am... I just plowed through all 5 books in less than a week. I couldn't put them down.

I like that all of these books are tied together in a series, but except for the first book (which wraps up in the 2nd), they are complete stories in and of themselves. There's a lot of history there, and they should definitely be read in order, but I really dislike cliffhanger endings in series books, so I appreciate when the plot of each one is resolved.

I also most definitely appreciate the lack of bedhopping. Still good there. :D

I also love love love love Bones. I WANT. I love that he is not perfect, but that he embraces his imperfections as part of who he is. DAMN that is sexy. And OMFG. Speaking of sexy. Chapter 21. That's all I'm motherfucking saying. Chapter. Twenty. One. O_O

*fans self* Gimme a moment...

...

OK, I'm good now. So anyway, I really enjoyed this installment. I even got a bit teary eyed at one point. I'm interested to see where things go in the next book, that's for sure... I just have my fingers crossed that this series doesn't take a swan dive just to keep pumping out books. *fingers crossed* See?